Thursday, August 30, 2007

Where's the Mojo?


I feel as though I haven't really stamped in ages, except in a rush when I need to get something done. Now, every time I sit down to work, I have the hardest time finding my mojo. So, I have decided to focus on just using the supplies and stamps I have for awhile. I'm hoping I'll find that creative spark and be able to put my 'stuff' to good use (I keep finding things I'd forgotten I even had!). So, over the past few days, I have pulled out things I've started and never finished--stamped and colored images, mainly--and my scrap box, and have tried to work with those items.

This card was based on a flyer I found at the bank a few months back (I'll post it if I ever find it again). It had bright yellow sunflowers and hot pink rain boots. So, this is my take. I stamped the boot from Papertrey Ink's Green Thumb set with Pink Passion and Night of Navy Craft inks and embossed to make it shiny. I cut it out and raised it on dimensionals. I drew in stems for the flowers and attached tiny primas that I had colored with a yellow Prismacolor marker and used jeweled accents for the center. The Yoyo Yellow strip was scalloped with my SU! slit punch and the ribbon is from May Arts. I'll add a sentiment when I decide to use it, but for now I left it blank because I think the bright colors are enough at this point.

Stamps: Green Thumb (Papertrey Ink), Dotted bg (SU!)
Cardstock: White, Night of Navy, Yoyo Yellow, Pink Passion (SU!)
Accessories: primas, jewels, May Arts dotted ribbon, slit punch

3 comments:

lexi said...

i love the pink and yellow and the combination of all the polka dots!
:) lexi

Gina K. said...

You've got mojo!! That card is adorable!!

Susan said...

That is an adorable card. I love the pink and yellow together.