Monday, May 28, 2007

Little Lady Bee


I just love the Little Lady set from Papertrey Ink! I've been having so much fun with all of their acrylic sets--I guess I've taken a bit of a break from my stash of SU! stamp sets so I can gear up for the new catty!


For this card, I turned the ladybug into a bumblebee using the Faux Ribbon set (also by Papertrey Ink) and the 'kissing' technique. I did have to use my marker to darken the stripes a bit, bit it was easy. The body of the bee is Barely Banana ink, and the main card is the same color. I edged the white panel with black ink to set it off just slightly (you can see this IRL, but not so much in the photo). To finish, I added this fun prima with a large silver brad in the center and the fun dotted May Arts ribbon. And the 'celebrate' sentiment makes this a good card for many occasions!


4 comments:

kamart said...

Just came upon your blog....I really like the cards that you have displayed. I, too, love the Papertrey stamp sets....aren't they fun to play with???
I will be checking in again soon to see what you have created. TFS

Allison Rankin said...

Some beautiful cards here...this one is a winner!

Trudee said...

Congrats on your honorable mention with this card!!! I love your little bee! I am new to your blog--you have lovely cards! I would like to link you on my blogroll if that's ok? Feel free to link me, too if you'd like! :)

Anonymous said...

so cute!! congrats on your honorable mention!